Talking To Heaven

General Message Board

Forum Home > General Message Board > Antagonizing Spirits

TJCabot

I have a topic that I would like to hear some feedback on from people who deal with spirits on a regular basis whatever your abilities or thoughts. I was giving a lecture to a group of amateur "ghost hunters" (I hate that term). I warned them against screaming and shouting at spirits at a haunted location in order to get a response from the spirit. I was stunned to find that many of the group disagreed with me. Due to shows like Ghost Hunters and other so-called paranormal programs use these techniques to challenge spirits. I tried to explain to them that you do not know what kind of spirits or even demons that you might antagonizing. The concensus of many in the group was that spirits can not hurt you so therefore it is ok to scream and challenge them. I gave them several examples of what could happen by such behavior. I won't list them here because I want to hear what you all have to say about it. My question: Do you think that there could be problems with challenging spirits in an aggressive manner? If so, what kind of things do you think the spirits could do? Thanks for you responses. TJ

--

Paranormal IS Truth!

January 31, 2009 at 12:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SimonSzO

Dear TJ,

I have never had a personal experience or contact with a spirit myself, although I understand that many have.  I'm certain that many spirits are still stuck, attached, trapped in the third dimension for a variety of reasons.  Being of spirit, I don't believe they can do any physical harm to us, other than to scare the hell out of us, and their antics make us very uncomfortable and possible make our life miserable if we choose to allow them do so.  As far as it being wise or not to antagonize one if I were to encounter it, no, I would not, but then I wouldn't intentionally antagonize anyone else in the physical either. 

So, there you have it, my personal opinion about something with which I've had no personal experience.

. . . . . . . Paul

--

The Divine in Me, Honors the Divine in You

January 31, 2009 at 11:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

acoya143

Sorry TJ,

The only experiance I have with ghosts is whebn they ae around I get electrical zaps in my head ( nothing pailful tho) As for spirits I can smell them and hear them but I cant see them. When I smell them I help them cross over and then I see sparkles of light (angels). But I would never be an idiot to them because they have feelings too and just need some help. As far as Demons I prefger not to go there at all as I am not practiced enough to do this. If I were you I would keep doing what you are doing because you are on your own path in this life  and thjis seems like it  is just some kind of ridiculous fun to them. I personally dont know if spirits or ghost can hurt someone as I have only had to deal with my own fears also brought by the media. I  hate the media and think it is resposible for creating fear that has caused alot of people to close down thier gifts! Movies and  such.. . I think if the antaonism bothers you then you should have them sign a peice of paper that states that they will not do this and then give them something else to say to the spirits and ghosties that might help them pass over. Just my opinion< disclaimer.  LOL. You and I both know that if it works or not well, that isnt the point  here.teh hehe

Peace,

Day

January 31, 2009 at 2:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

leo

tj i deal with spirits daily and i think you should never yell or try to make a spirit mad because that spirit could create more problums it might take it out on the owners health or yours the have been known to leave marks on people or some other form of retaliation throwing things plus i think what ghost hunters need to remember is i takes a spirit alot of energy to move somthing make a sound that the hunters can hear or manifest its better to be pacient and respect the spirits you get a lot more coroperation from them plus you dont always know what your delling with right away always protect yourself 

January 31, 2009 at 10:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

talkingtoheaven
Site Owner

I agree with TJ.  I can't understand why anyone wants to scream or harass a spirit or ghosts.  It makes no sense, unless they are terrified and don't know what they are doing.  By doing that it will only bring  trouble into your life.

I have been luck to use the sterness of my voice and it that does not help, I just tell them that I will get rid of them faster then they can disappear and that helps also.

I know that Ghost Hunters and their affilated show do this a lot and I sit there saying what are they thinking.  i wonder if they ever bring home any pissed off ghosts with them.

Hugs

February 2, 2009 at 7:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brennie

I would have to say it depends on the situation. When you know in your heart it is denomic simply leave it alone and give no response to it. Just think to God about it and wait for God to do what he knows needs to be done in the situation.

On this piticular day I had watched on of those shows that are about hauntings, then the creep came and visited me I could see and hear him cyrstal clear. It wasn't pretty.

On another occassion I had watched a different show about hauntings it was about a black woman who had a child with a white man back in the 18 or so hundreds and she wasn't allowed to like a normal wife and go to functions with him cause she was black skinned. During the show the person who was reading the things going on was also watching and someone else got scratched and the woman who was reading also said the black woman wouldn't leave and had alot of hatred in her towards people in general because of her way of life. I can't remember her name off hand now but afterwards I went to Jesus and the Lord God Almighty about asking for permission to speek with this lady who was so angry.

Aftter I got the permission I called on her demanding her to come to me and she did. She was wondering why I called her. I couldn't comprehend how much angry immediately swelled inside of me towards her. I angrily explained to her what year we were in and how much people have changed and that people didn't think like that anymore and her skin colour wasn't a problem anymore that God loved her and Jesus died for all of us reguardless of skin colour and I went on explaining what woman can do these days white or black. My anger lowered as I spoke more towards her and when I had finished she went to God and the Lord God Almighty spoke to me and explained what she wanted to do. She had asked God to allow her to help me in my way of life thinking I was a spirit hunter but that isn't my calling. I apolised to her being careful not to offend her.As I can only do certian things provided they are on my heart to do so. I do believe she is in heaven with the Lord now. I only tell you this because sometimes depending on the situation I felt she needed a jolt  so she could look around and see things weren't what she thought they were so I diod something out of her ordinary days. I chose to show hatred towards her before she had a chance to chose it towards me and that shocked her.  Then she saw I wasn't hating her but loving her.

February 2, 2009 at 7:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brennie

I forgot why he visited me. I had prayed for the woman he had a hold on and she couldn't leave to home to heaven so I prayed to Jesus for her asking Him certian something. That's the reason that creep had shown up.

February 2, 2009 at 7:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brennie

I don't watch these shows very often I wait until it feels right for me to do so and when I do I usually have to be prepared for anything and willing to deal with it before hand otherwise I just don't bother.

February 2, 2009 at 7:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brennie

My experiences don't always turn out so beautiful sometime the person choses to go Satan instead. I always make apsolute sureness that the spirit is of a person who once walked on the earth like us.  If it is not just stay away from it.  Angles of God don't try to decieve. The enemy like to do alot of pretending. He get really angry when I catch him in the act, but God, Jesus and I have a hardy laugh over it.

February 2, 2009 at 8:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

KatieC46

I have to say that I love to watch Ghost hunters, however, when they challenge the spirits and start calling them names and provoke them, I do start talking out loud on my end with concern. I personally would never challenge or provoke a spirit or demon,  because my belief is that you could be asking for trouble. There have been to many reports of harm being brought on to people by either spirits or demons. I personally believe that it's the demons or the dark side that actually physically harms people. I know that we have some pretty feisty spirits as well that may tease and taunt people and touch then or even move things, but I'm not sure that its the spirits that are doing that. I have felt uncomfortable before on occasions with encounters and I just very nicely ask them to leave or let them know that I'm not comfortable with what they are doing and ask them to stop. I then protect myself and say a prayer. Better to play it safe that to be sorry, so my opinion is "Don't provoke the unseen"

Hugs,

Katie

February 3, 2009 at 12:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TJCabot

Katie, I totally agree. There are times when a professional may have to antagonize and challenge a spirit or demon to free or release it. But this would be in extreme cases. I just don't think these "amateur ghost hunters" should be out there challenging something that they can not deal with once they have brought it forward. Even guys like TAPS and a few of the other groups just need to find a different approach to doing their jobs. People wouldn't want a cop to scream, yell and threaten just because you were caught trespassing. Not that I condone trespassing, but aren't spirits that linger in a sense trespassing? Although they may see it different. I just find the arrogance of the living toward those in the spirit world to be in poorest of taste. Respect those that you can. Some you may have to change the technique. TJ

--

Paranormal IS Truth!

February 3, 2009 at 3:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

KatieC46

I am in total agreement with you TJ.

Katie

February 3, 2009 at 2:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Brennie

Maybe I came wrong. I used some of my experiences as different examples of different situations. When what I really ment to say was just simply listen to your heart your gut instinct or rather the gift of the Holy Spirit the gift of discernment on what to do. But I certainly don't think people should be provoking what they don't know. One should always know first what it is before hand. For me I go to God about it then listen to HIm. I don't just do things on my own. If God says stay away I do. I hope this explains the way I am.

February 3, 2009 at 7:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Site Clock